TÜRKİYE TOURISM PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLARIFICATION TEXT
As Data Controller, under the Personal Data Protection Law (“Law”) No. 6698 and the applicable legislation, TÜRKİYE TOURISM PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (“TGA”), may process your personal data in accordance with the framework and miscellaneous regulations stated below.
TÜRKİYE TOURISM PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (Esentepe Mahallesi Büyükdere Cad. No: 127 Astoria AVM B Blok Kat: 4 34394 Şişli-Istanbul) processes your personal data as “Data Manager” defined in Article 3 of the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698. TGA is a non-profit organization that operates all promotion/marketing/communication activities related to achieving Türkiye’s tourism goals in accordance with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism’s tourism strategies and policies, worldwide promotion and marketing of existing tourism opportunities, and discovering, developing, and gaining potential tourism opportunities.
2-For What Purpose Are Personal Data Processed?
According to KVKK No. 6698, your personal data that you share with TGA is processed by TGA as a subject of any processing of your personal data by acquiring, saving, storing, replacing, and rearranging it, whether fully or partially, automatically or by being part of any data recording system. Your personal data that we process within the scope of the Tourism events are being processed in accordance with the relevant legislation for the following purposes. Accordingly, your
Contact Information (E-mail address, mobile phone number),
Transaction Security Information (IP address information, website login and logout information, cookie logs, log records, and password information),
Professional Experience Information (Title),
Your personal data that you will share with TGA, whether directly or indirectly, such as complaints or requests forwarded through the website and records relating to the evaluation and management process of this issue, will be processed and protected in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 and relevant legislation, and will be limited to project activity.Personal data processing purposes are determined by TGA as follows:
• Carrying out the necessary work by our business units in order for you to benefit from TGA’s project,
• Providing our citizens and tourists the opportunity to have a safe experience by identifying facilities in Türkiye that meet certain standards.
• Most effective operation of the website and execution of its activities,
• Completion of the website membership service
• Authentication when performing website membership operations,
• Providing better interaction with citizens on the Internet,
• Execution of our call center activities,
•Optimizing the service provided to facility officials and citizens while executing out our call center activities,
- Authentication of facility officials during call center activities,
• Checking that the facility authorities that have been identified have met the requirements and determining the contact in case of violation,
• Execution of audit activities by our business partners in order to certify operations that will take place within the scope of the project,
• Publishing our certified facilities on the websites of the project and TGA,
• Managing our social media accounts within the scope of project activities,
• Informing our citizens about the certified facilities,
• Evaluating complaints, requests and suggestions from citizens within the scope of the project,
• Fulfilling our legal obligations and exercising the rights arising from the applicable legislation,
• Providing information to public officials on matters related to public safety, upon request and in accordance with the legislation,
• Ensuring Türkiye becoming a brand in the domestic and foreign markets, and cultural and human-made heritage is discoved, developed and promoted,
• Increasing the tourism capacity of Türkiye, the share of tourism investments in the country’s economy and service quality,
• Achieving tourism targets of Türkiye based on the tourism strategies and policies determined by the T.R. Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Türkiye by the data controller,
• Worldwide promoting and marketing of existing social and cultural opportunities within the scope of the project.For these purposes, your personal data is processed in accordance with the conditions and purposes set out in accordance with the Articles 4, 5, and 6 of the Law. Your personal data will not be used for any purpose other than Project activities.
3-To Whom and For What Purpose Are the Processed Personal Data Transferred?
Your personal data processed by TGA is transferred to the natural and legal persons for the purposes listed below in accordance with Article 8, 9 of KVK Law No. 6698. Accordingly, your personal data can be transferred to the:
- T.R. Ministry of Culture and Tourism,
• Website linked to the project,
• TGA’s official website,
• Social media accounts linked to the project,
• Auditing companies that we have contracted with to perform the certification operations,
• Our service providers and performance assistants for the purpose of the running project and website activities,
• Regulatory and supervisory institutions and official authorities,
• Relevant public institutions and organizations in order to fulfill the legal obligations undertaken in the relevant legislation and to ensure security,Your personal data is shared with TGA units and our call center as part of the Project activity, as well as with the aforementioned related groups. Within the scope of the project activities, your personal data is transferred to authorized public institutions and organizations such as service providers, public institutions, ministries, judicial authorities, in accordance with the legislation and limited to the purpose of transfer.
4-Personal Data Collection Methods and Legal Reasons
Your personal data is collected and processed through all forms of verbal, written, visual, or electronic media in order to carry out all types of work within the scope of the aforementioned purposes within the scope of the Project activity within the legal framework, and in this context, for TGA to fully and properly fulfill its contractual and legal obligations. The legal reason for the collection of this personal data is in accordance with the provisions of the
• Turkish Constitution No. 2709,
• Law No. 8377 on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism,
• Protection of Personal Data Law No. 6698, and other legislation and the legal reasons specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law No. 6698:
• Receiving open consent from contacts whose personal data has been processed,
• Requiring processing of personal data of party contractors, as long as it is directly related to the establishment or execution of contracts between TGA and third party entities,
• Necessity for TGA to fulfill its legal obligation,
• The fact that the personal data was made public by the person himself/herself,
• Requiring data processing to establish, use, or protect a right,
• Requiring data processing to legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
• Since it is clearly stipulated in the laws
With this policy, the personal data processed within the scope of the Project activities are kept and stored by the TGA for as long as written in the TGA-designated deadlines according to the nature of the personal data as set out in the Personal Data Retention and Disposal Policy as set out by the TGA. Furthermore, as stated in paragraph 3 of Article 6 of the Law, personal data relating to health and sexual life can be processed only in conjunction with the explicit consent of individuals or entities that are required to keep a secret, for the purpose of maintaining public health, conducting protective medicine, medical diagnostics, treatment and care, planning and management of health care and financing.
5-Personal Data Owner’s Rights in accordance with KVKK No. 6698 (Right of Application)
Requests can be submitted to the TÜRKİYE TOURISM PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY as tge data controller on the address of “Esentepe Mahallesi Büyükdere Cad. No:127 Astoria AVM B Blok Kat:4 34394 Şişli – İstanbul”, within the scope of the Article 11 of the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698, which “regulates the rights of the person concerned”, according to theApplicant Procedure and Guidelines of Applicants to the Data Controller, by filling in the attached forms as the Personal Data Owner and submitting a signed copy of the forms to the TGA personally, with identifying documents, or can be submitted through a notary public or by the methods determined by the KVK Institution.
Pursuant to Article 11 of the Law, everyone has the following rights regarding himself/herself by applying to the data controller:
• Learning whether or not the personal data have been processed
• Requesting information about this processing, if they were processed
• Learning the purpose of the data processing and whether the data have been used in accordance with that purpose,
•Knowing the third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred in the country or abroad,
•Requesting corrections if the personal data have been processed incompletely or incorrectly,
• Requesting deletion or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the conditions stated in Article 7 of the KVKK,
• In case of correction, deletion or destruction of personal data, requesting the notification of these transactions to the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
• Objecting to any unfavorable conclusions resulting from exclusively automated analysis of your processed data,
• Requesting compensation of the damage in case of losses due to unlawful processing of personal data.
Pursuant to Article 13/1 of the KVK Law No. 6698, you are required to submit your applications to TGA in writing or through the above-mentioned methods determined by the KVK Institution, in order to exercise your above-mentioned rights. TGA will conclude your requests in the application free of charge as soon as possible and within thirty days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. However, if the transaction requires an additional cost, the fee set by the Board will be charged.
6- Identity of the Data Controller
Website : https://
Phone Number : 0 (212) 970 98 42
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
KEP Adresi : email@example.com
Address : Esentepe Mahallesi Büyükdere Cad. No:127 Astoria AVM B Blok Kat:4 34394 Şişli – İstanbul